Thursday, April 3, 2008

Scandals and Sunrises

Just wrapped up a story yesterday about a former senator now running for state assembly in one of the local districts up here. One of his opponents and the newspaper he used to work for say he doesn't live in the district he wants to represent, which of course, is illegal.

The story was hearing both sides of the story and trying to determine where Jim Nielsen lays his head down at night. It would appear Nielsen in on the up and up, but determining what his "primary residence" is may still be up in the air. He now has TWO homes. One he recently bought from his in-laws (which is in the district), and another home outside the district where his children live.

It is still a very stick situation, but I would like to think I was somewhat fair and balanced. I was glad I was able to do it, though, a very interesting story that could have some serious implications for the future of district two in the Northstate.

In other news, about 15 minutes ago, I found out I'll be coming in at three-o-clock in the morning instead of four. Obviously, I'm not elated about the news, but I think it will be a good test for me, mentally and physically. If I can prove to myself and my boss, that I can perform at a high level even earlier in the day, it will only help me in the long run.

Then again, we aren't machines. On the other hand, if you can't stand the heat...

Let the adventure continue!

C

No comments: