Monday, January 21, 2008

Departure

I mentioned in my last post I had an interview coming up for the morning anchor/reporter position at KRCR in Redding, CA. Fast forward 3 weeks later and I am proud to announce I have been offered the position ... and I've taken it.

Sadly, however, I'm going to be leaving my co-workers at KNTV (NBC11) in San Jose tomorrow. Tuesday, January 22nd will be my last day as a production assistant there. No more will I be rolling the teleprompter, which honestly, was a pretty fun job. It certainly wasn't the most difficult, but you definitely see a different side of the news as compared to when you're watching it on television. So by about 11:30 pm tomorrow night, I will officially be relieved of my duties at NBC11. I will miss a lot of the people here, too many to name in this blog.

My first day at KRCR is a week from today, January 28th. My first on-air day won't be for a couple of weeks in order to give me some time to get acquainted with the hour and a half morning show.

As previously mentioned, I'll be the new morning anchor for the station's 5:30am broadcast. Bedtime, however, will be around 8 'o clock in order to wake up at 3 in the morning every day. I do have my weekends off, though, which is nice ... and I'm certainly not complaining about early rising either.

It's going to be a new and exciting adventure for me and I can't wait to start it. I'll be leaving my family and friends behind, but luckily I'm less than 4 hours away. Sadly though, it is an end of era. This is the first time I'll be away from everyone I know, and that will take some getting used to.

So if you're ever in the Chico-Redding area and you wake up early...turn on channel 7 (ABC) and most likely you'll find me there. Thanks for reading, and hopefully, thanks for watching! I'll keep you posted!

C

No comments: